15 fun things to do with kids July 15-21
Munchkin Fun's top picks for fun things to do with kids July 15-21
By Valerie Nahmad Schimel
Anyone else in a panic about camp ending soon? Ease the fear & make kids happy with our 8 short-term camps to bridge the gap till school. Then reward yourself by winning 4 tickets to Rated P for Parenthood in the Gables.
Try Something New
Treat kids 8-12 to an hour of iPad math games in Downtown Miami; garden, craft & explore nature at an organic farm; give your artist 6 hours with Miami’s top contemporary artists; save big & play in the AC with a summer flex pass at My Gym Coral Gables; or better your tween with an interactive lesson in tables manners & social graces in the Gables.
See a Show
This is a perfect week for some air-conditioned fun. Treat the munchkins to a free movie at Dolphin Mall, a $1 flick at Kendall Village or Southland Mall a live performance of The Little Mermaid in Aventura. Even better, make it a date night at Rated P for Parenthood at Actors’ Playhouse in the Gables.
Play for free at Deering Estate; waltz around Miami at Miami Children’s Museum; get crafty with Art Center/South Florida at Shenandoah Library; treat the family to biking & mini golf in the Gables; celebrate 500 years of Florida in Kendale Lakes; read with PJ Library and Beth David; celebrate International Children’s Day with music, puppets & theater at Miami Dade College; or enjoy a free family-friendly opera in Pinecrest.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15