15 fun things to do with kids July 15-21
Munchkin Fun's top picks for fun things to do with kids July 15-21
By Valerie Nahmad Schimel
Anyone else in a panic about camp ending soon? Ease the fear & make kids happy with our 8 short-term camps to bridge the gap till school. Then reward yourself by winning 4 tickets to Rated P for Parenthood in the Gables.
Try Something New
Treat kids 8-12 to an hour of iPad math games in Downtown Miami; garden, craft & explore nature at an organic farm; give your artist 6 hours with Miami’s top contemporary artists; save big & play in the AC with a summer flex pass at My Gym Coral Gables; or better your tween with an interactive lesson in tables manners & social graces in the Gables.
See a Show
This is a perfect week for some air-conditioned fun. Treat the munchkins to a free movie at Dolphin Mall, a $1 flick at Kendall Village or Southland Mall a live performance of The Little Mermaid in Aventura. Even better, make it a date night at Rated P for Parenthood at Actors’ Playhouse in the Gables.
Play for free at Deering Estate; waltz around Miami at Miami Children’s Museum; get crafty with Art Center/South Florida at Shenandoah Library; treat the family to biking & mini golf in the Gables; celebrate 500 years of Florida in Kendale Lakes; read with PJ Library and Beth David; celebrate International Children’s Day with music, puppets & theater at Miami Dade College; or enjoy a free family-friendly opera in Pinecrest.
See and Do
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill
- Miami Events - February 2016