13th Annual Coral Gables Bluesfest at Fritz and Franz
Fritz and Franz Bierhaus hosts the 13th annual Coral Gables Bluesfest this weekend!
Where: Fritz and Franz Bierhaus (60 Merrick Way, Coral Gables)
When: Thursday, March 17 to Sunday, March 20
Prepare yourself for a wailing weekend. From Thursday, March 17 to Sunday, March 20, Fritz and Franz Bierhaus on Merrick Way will be hosting the 13th annual Coral Gables Bluesfest.
The event, sponsored in part by 88.9 FM WDNA Serious Jazz, will feature a slew of local blues groups including hometown heroes IKO-IKO, Big Poppa E and Florida’s blues ambassador, Albert Castiglia.
What’s better is the price for entry: NOTHING! It’s free to attend, so you can save that hard-earned cash for some quality Austrian or Bavarian brew to wash down those gritty blues and nasty guitar licks.
A good day to go might be Friday, March 18 to catch Big Poppa E and Albert Castiglia, though Saturday features more music including blues vets, IKO-IKO and power-blues trio, Hep Cat Boo Daddies.
Still, any day is a good day for some rhythm & booze at Fritz and Frauns, especially during Coral Gables Bluesfest weekend.
- Thursday, March 17
- Funky Blue Tones - 8 p.m. - midnight
- Friday, March 18
- Poppa E - 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Victor Wainwright & His Wild Roots Band - 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Albert Castiglia - 9:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- JP Soars - 10:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Saturday, March 19
- Deck 52 - 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- IKO IKO - 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Lynn Noble & Rob Friedman Band - 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Biscuit Miller & The Mix - 8:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Hep Cat Boo Daddies - 10:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Sunday, March 20
- Piano Bob's 88s - 1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- The Lady A Blues Band - 3:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Cry Wolf - 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Music in Miami
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Roberto Rodriguez Quartet performs at the Olympia Theater's jazz series
- Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival Announces Lineup
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says
- Phil Collins unable to sing Saturday night at his foundation’s gala on Miami Beach
- The Hot Sardines bring infectious jazz sound to South Miami on Saturday
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday
- Review: Pitbull, Enrique Igelsias celebrate Miami at sold out concert
- American Authors bring alt-rock sound to Revolution