13th Annual Coral Gables Bluesfest at Fritz and Franz
Fritz and Franz Bierhaus hosts the 13th annual Coral Gables Bluesfest this weekend!
Where: Fritz and Franz Bierhaus (60 Merrick Way, Coral Gables)
When: Thursday, March 17 to Sunday, March 20
Prepare yourself for a wailing weekend. From Thursday, March 17 to Sunday, March 20, Fritz and Franz Bierhaus on Merrick Way will be hosting the 13th annual Coral Gables Bluesfest.
The event, sponsored in part by 88.9 FM WDNA Serious Jazz, will feature a slew of local blues groups including hometown heroes IKO-IKO, Big Poppa E and Florida’s blues ambassador, Albert Castiglia.
What’s better is the price for entry: NOTHING! It’s free to attend, so you can save that hard-earned cash for some quality Austrian or Bavarian brew to wash down those gritty blues and nasty guitar licks.
A good day to go might be Friday, March 18 to catch Big Poppa E and Albert Castiglia, though Saturday features more music including blues vets, IKO-IKO and power-blues trio, Hep Cat Boo Daddies.
Still, any day is a good day for some rhythm & booze at Fritz and Frauns, especially during Coral Gables Bluesfest weekend.
- Thursday, March 17
- Funky Blue Tones - 8 p.m. - midnight
- Friday, March 18
- Poppa E - 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Victor Wainwright & His Wild Roots Band - 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Albert Castiglia - 9:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- JP Soars - 10:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Saturday, March 19
- Deck 52 - 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- IKO IKO - 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Lynn Noble & Rob Friedman Band - 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Biscuit Miller & The Mix - 8:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Hep Cat Boo Daddies - 10:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Sunday, March 20
- Piano Bob's 88s - 1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- The Lady A Blues Band - 3:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Cry Wolf - 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Music in Miami
- Review: Lily Allen’s too cool to grow up
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Erasure plays Fillmore Miami Beach on Friday night
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Afro Roots World Music Festival boasts a bounty of genres
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach
- Review: Pop star Katy Perry's playful, colorful Prismatic show sprinkles signs of maturity
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Review: Beyonce and Jay Z concert is an expert exercise in fabulosity and pop myth-making.