13th Annual Coral Gables Bluesfest at Fritz and Franz
Fritz and Franz Bierhaus hosts the 13th annual Coral Gables Bluesfest this weekend!
Prepare yourself for a wailing weekend. From Thursday, March 17 to Sunday, March 20, Fritz and Franz Bierhaus on Merrick Way will be hosting the 13th annual Coral Gables Bluesfest.
The event, sponsored in part by 88.9 FM WDNA Serious Jazz, will feature a slew of local blues groups including hometown heroes IKO-IKO, Big Poppa E and Florida’s blues ambassador, Albert Castiglia.
What’s better is the price for entry: NOTHING! It’s free to attend, so you can save that hard-earned cash for some quality Austrian or Bavarian brew to wash down those gritty blues and nasty guitar licks.
A good day to go might be Friday, March 18 to catch Big Poppa E and Albert Castiglia, though Saturday features more music including blues vets, IKO-IKO and power-blues trio, Hep Cat Boo Daddies.
Still, any day is a good day for some rhythm & booze at Fritz and Frauns, especially during Coral Gables Bluesfest weekend.
- Thursday, March 17
- Funky Blue Tones - 8 p.m. - midnight
- Friday, March 18
- Poppa E - 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Victor Wainwright & His Wild Roots Band - 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Albert Castiglia - 9:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- JP Soars - 10:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Saturday, March 19
- Deck 52 - 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- IKO IKO - 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Lynn Noble & Rob Friedman Band - 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Biscuit Miller & The Mix - 8:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Hep Cat Boo Daddies - 10:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Sunday, March 20
- Piano Bob's 88s - 1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- The Lady A Blues Band - 3:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Cry Wolf - 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Where: Fritz and Franz Bierhaus (60 Merrick Way, Coral Gables)
When: Thursday, March 17 to Sunday, March 20
Music in Miami
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena
- Tortuga Music Festival announces lineup, ticket sales
- A 7-year-old reviews Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’ concert
- Concert Review: Bruce Springsteen captivates with a performance that displays a depth of emotions
- 9 signs you’re addicted to Bruce Springsteen
- Aretha Franklin joins Usher, Janelle Monae at 2016 Jazz in the Gardens Music Festival
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know about Iggy Pop
- Miami’s Nu Deco Ensemble reimagines classical music for modern listeners
- Review: Madonna brings a heartfelt, personal touch to her Miami concert