13th Annual Coral Gables Bluesfest at Fritz and Franz
Fritz and Franz Bierhaus hosts the 13th annual Coral Gables Bluesfest this weekend!
Where: Fritz and Franz Bierhaus (60 Merrick Way, Coral Gables)
When: Thursday, March 17 to Sunday, March 20
Prepare yourself for a wailing weekend. From Thursday, March 17 to Sunday, March 20, Fritz and Franz Bierhaus on Merrick Way will be hosting the 13th annual Coral Gables Bluesfest.
The event, sponsored in part by 88.9 FM WDNA Serious Jazz, will feature a slew of local blues groups including hometown heroes IKO-IKO, Big Poppa E and Florida’s blues ambassador, Albert Castiglia.
What’s better is the price for entry: NOTHING! It’s free to attend, so you can save that hard-earned cash for some quality Austrian or Bavarian brew to wash down those gritty blues and nasty guitar licks.
A good day to go might be Friday, March 18 to catch Big Poppa E and Albert Castiglia, though Saturday features more music including blues vets, IKO-IKO and power-blues trio, Hep Cat Boo Daddies.
Still, any day is a good day for some rhythm & booze at Fritz and Frauns, especially during Coral Gables Bluesfest weekend.
- Thursday, March 17
- Funky Blue Tones - 8 p.m. - midnight
- Friday, March 18
- Poppa E - 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Victor Wainwright & His Wild Roots Band - 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Albert Castiglia - 9:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- JP Soars - 10:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Saturday, March 19
- Deck 52 - 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- IKO IKO - 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Lynn Noble & Rob Friedman Band - 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Biscuit Miller & The Mix - 8:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Hep Cat Boo Daddies - 10:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Sunday, March 20
- Piano Bob's 88s - 1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- The Lady A Blues Band - 3:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Cry Wolf - 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Music in Miami
- Rob Delaney teams up with local company for game
- Beat Camp workshop provides opportunities for aspiring songwriters, music producers
- Carly Rae Jepsen talks about her upcoming show at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Ben Taylor performs in Miami Beach
- Sweatstock Block Party showcases local, independent music in Miami
- Esperanza Spalding presides over a night of soulful jazz in Miami this Friday
- Tortuga Music Festival in Fort Lauderdale offers something for everyone — even the sea turtles
- ‘American Idol’ star Adam Lambert headlines Sunday at Miami Beach Gay Pride
- Concert review: Taylor Swift in Miami
- Alicia Keys eyes Miami to ‘Set the World on Fire’ on latest tour this Saturday