10 Best of the (Unofficial) Best during Wine & Food Weekend
Satellite events populate the schedule during the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Here are some of our favorites...
Pubbelly & Pork: Smithfield will provide the pork that Pubbelly's Jose Mendin will turn into after-midnight bites at his flagship restaurant, 1418 20th St. Free with RSVP to email@example.com. 12:30-2 a.m. Friday (Thursday late-night).
Robert Irvine Kitchen Collab: The Kitchen Impossible host teams up with Jamie DeRosa of Tongue & Cheek, 431 Washington Ave., for a three-course lunch with lots of choices. $75. 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday.
Partida Party: Master mixologist Jacques Bezuidenhout and Social Club bartender Chad Phillips will create tequila cocktails at the Surfcomber, 1717 Collins Ave. Free with RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. 5:30-7 p.m. Friday.
The Dead Rabbit Pop-Up: The acclaimed New York bar will be slinging its Victorian-era drinks at Patpong Road, 1661 Meridian Ave. Free. 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Naked Taco: Chef Ralph Pagano opens his new Mexican restaurant in the Dream Hotel, 1111 Collins Ave., with a party featuring "sexy taco dancers." Free with RSVP to email@example.com. 9 p.m. Friday.
Daniel Boulud Lunch: Recipes from Boulud's new cookbook will star in this four-course lunch with wine pairings at his db Bistro Moderne, 255 Biscayne Boulevard Way. $93. 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
Eats & Beats: Several dozen local restaurants and bars will showcase their best bites and drinks to sets of live music at the Moore Building, 4040 NE 2nd Ave. Proceeds benefit DJ Irie's nonprofit Irie Foundation. $99-$250. 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
The Cosmopolitan: Food from Joe's Stone Crab and STK will be flowing as chefs and their hangers-on unwind at this popular late-night party at the New World Center, 500 17th St. Free with RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
Acqualina Wine Dinner: Dewey LoSasso will prepare a four-course dinner paired with wines from Joseph Phelps Vineyards at Acqualina Resort & Spa, 17871 Collins Ave. $175. 7 p.m. Sunday.
Gramercy Tavern Dinner: James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Anthony will cook a multicourse meal with wine pairings at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room, 3620 NE 2nd Ave. $300. 7 p.m. Sunday.
- Event Notes: Breaking down the 2014 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- Breaking down Eats & Beats in Miami's Design District
- The 10 best dishes from the 2014 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- Uncorked 2014: Reports from the 2014 South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- 5 Things We Are Excited About at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- Where to party beyond the party: SBWFF 2014 satellite events
- South Beach Wine & Food Festival spurs plenty of spillover parties
- Chef Andrew Zimmern headlines 2014 South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- SBWFF 2014: Bring a taste of the Festival home with you with Marc Forgione
- SBWFF 2014: Talking diet books & The Keys with Rocco di Spirito