'The Motherf**ker With the Hat’
Love is complicated by issues of addiction, sobriety and suspected infidelity in Stephen Adly Guirgis’ ‘The Motherf**ker With the Hat.’
Love is complicated by issues of addiction, sobriety and suspected infidelity in Stephen Adly Guirgis’ ‘The Motherf**ker With the Hat,’ which gets its southeast premiere at GableStage this weekend. Arturo Fernandez plays an ex-con trying to stay clean and sober, with Gladys Ramirez as the gal who’s making his resolve so tough.
Performances are 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 2 and 7 p.m. Sunday through Feb. 5 (no late show this Sunday). Tickets are $37.50-$50. GableStage is in the Biltmore Hotel, 1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables. Call 305-445-1119 or visit www.gablestage.org.
See and Do
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- City Theatre’s Summer Shorts parlays brevity into longevity
- Area Stage’s ‘[title of show]’ proves a meta musical charmer
- Christopher Durang samples Anton Chekhov in ‘Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike’
- Fitzgerald and Hemingway collide in ‘Scott and Hem’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Blue Man Group brings bits old and new to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Mysterious ‘Water’ examines boundaries of tolerance in Miami Theater Center play premiere