'The Motherf**ker With the Hat’
Love is complicated by issues of addiction, sobriety and suspected infidelity in Stephen Adly Guirgis’ ‘The Motherf**ker With the Hat.’
Love is complicated by issues of addiction, sobriety and suspected infidelity in Stephen Adly Guirgis’ ‘The Motherf**ker With the Hat,’ which gets its southeast premiere at GableStage this weekend. Arturo Fernandez plays an ex-con trying to stay clean and sober, with Gladys Ramirez as the gal who’s making his resolve so tough.
Performances are 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 2 and 7 p.m. Sunday through Feb. 5 (no late show this Sunday). Tickets are $37.50-$50. GableStage is in the Biltmore Hotel, 1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables. Call 305-445-1119 or visit www.gablestage.org.
See and Do
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Hard times hit the American Dream in Zoetic Stage’s ‘Detroit’
- Chile’s Teatro en el Blanco comes to the OnStage Black Box
- ‘Cinderella’ at the Arsht Center: a delightful makeover
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15