'The Motherf**ker With the Hat’
Love is complicated by issues of addiction, sobriety and suspected infidelity in Stephen Adly Guirgis’ ‘The Motherf**ker With the Hat.’
Love is complicated by issues of addiction, sobriety and suspected infidelity in Stephen Adly Guirgis’ ‘The Motherf**ker With the Hat,’ which gets its southeast premiere at GableStage this weekend. Arturo Fernandez plays an ex-con trying to stay clean and sober, with Gladys Ramirez as the gal who’s making his resolve so tough.
Performances are 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 2 and 7 p.m. Sunday through Feb. 5 (no late show this Sunday). Tickets are $37.50-$50. GableStage is in the Biltmore Hotel, 1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables. Call 305-445-1119 or visit www.gablestage.org.
See and Do
- 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' makes a pit stop in Miami
- Bio-musical ‘Fela’ gets crowd onto its feet at Arsht Center
- ‘Brothers Beckett’ gets a showcase at the Arsht
- ‘In the Heights’ takes on the flavors of Miami
- ‘Flashdance’ scores strongest on style and moves
- ‘Flashdance the Musical’ makes a splash at the Broward Center
- ‘Les Miz’ brings its operatic style to the Arsht
- Cirque du Soleil's ‘Totem’
- Zach Braff's ‘All New People’ debuts at Arsht Center
- ‘Cat Lady'