An insecure, shy guy turns to group therapy to deal with his personal history and issues in Mark Della Ventura’s ‘Small Membership.’
An insecure, shy guy turns to group therapy to deal with his personal history and issues in Mark Della Ventura’s ‘Small Membership.’ A new full-length version of the funny, poignant play gets its Alliance Theatre Lab world premiere this weekend at the Main Street Playhouse, 6766 Main St., Miami Lakes. Performances are 8 p.m. Thursday-Friday, 5 p.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday through June 24. Tickets are $30 ($15 seniors, $10 students; students pay $5 on Thursdays). Call 305-259-0418, or visit www.ticketleap.com or www.thealliancetheatrelab.com for more information.
See and Do
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- City Theatre’s Summer Shorts parlays brevity into longevity
- Area Stage’s ‘[title of show]’ proves a meta musical charmer