'Pain and Gain' to have premiere at Regal South Beach
Based on a real story
Who needs Hollywood, anyway? Pain & Gain was filmed in South Florida, so lucky for us, we get the premiere, too. The Paramount film, which opens April 26 and is directed by Michael Bay (Transformers, Armageddon), is adapted from a series of New Times articles about a group of bodybuilders in the 1990s who hatched a get-rich-quick kidnapping scheme that eventually escalated to murder. Walking the red carpet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday outside Regal South Beach Stadium 18 will be the stars of the flick: local hero Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Ed Harris, Rob Corddry, Hangover scene stealer Ken Jeong; former Monk star Tony Shalhoub; as well as Bay. Start camping out early because this is bound to be quite a scene.
On Our Radar
- Attend a Miami Vice discussion
- The Music of Miami Vice
- Miami Vice Quiz
- Which Miami Vice Detective Are You?
- Miami Vice Revisited - An Interactive Map
- Two local sisters compete on Amazing Race
- Talking to Bernice, 'South Beach Tow' fan favorite
- Celebrity spotting: NFL player and beauty queen
- Chris Bosh gets second mortgage on his house
- Breakout Boca singer Ariana Grande heading to AAA