'Pain and Gain' to have premiere at Regal South Beach
Based on a real story
Who needs Hollywood, anyway? Pain & Gain was filmed in South Florida, so lucky for us, we get the premiere, too. The Paramount film, which opens April 26 and is directed by Michael Bay (Transformers, Armageddon), is adapted from a series of New Times articles about a group of bodybuilders in the 1990s who hatched a get-rich-quick kidnapping scheme that eventually escalated to murder. Walking the red carpet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday outside Regal South Beach Stadium 18 will be the stars of the flick: local hero Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Ed Harris, Rob Corddry, Hangover scene stealer Ken Jeong; former Monk star Tony Shalhoub; as well as Bay. Start camping out early because this is bound to be quite a scene.
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges