'Pain and Gain' to have premiere at Regal South Beach
Based on a real story
Who needs Hollywood, anyway? Pain & Gain was filmed in South Florida, so lucky for us, we get the premiere, too. The Paramount film, which opens April 26 and is directed by Michael Bay (Transformers, Armageddon), is adapted from a series of New Times articles about a group of bodybuilders in the 1990s who hatched a get-rich-quick kidnapping scheme that eventually escalated to murder. Walking the red carpet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday outside Regal South Beach Stadium 18 will be the stars of the flick: local hero Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Ed Harris, Rob Corddry, Hangover scene stealer Ken Jeong; former Monk star Tony Shalhoub; as well as Bay. Start camping out early because this is bound to be quite a scene.
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew