'Pain and Gain' to have premiere at Regal South Beach
Based on a real story
Who needs Hollywood, anyway? Pain & Gain was filmed in South Florida, so lucky for us, we get the premiere, too. The Paramount film, which opens April 26 and is directed by Michael Bay (Transformers, Armageddon), is adapted from a series of New Times articles about a group of bodybuilders in the 1990s who hatched a get-rich-quick kidnapping scheme that eventually escalated to murder. Walking the red carpet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday outside Regal South Beach Stadium 18 will be the stars of the flick: local hero Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Ed Harris, Rob Corddry, Hangover scene stealer Ken Jeong; former Monk star Tony Shalhoub; as well as Bay. Start camping out early because this is bound to be quite a scene.
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision