'Pain and Gain' to have premiere at Regal South Beach
Based on a real story
Who needs Hollywood, anyway? Pain & Gain was filmed in South Florida, so lucky for us, we get the premiere, too. The Paramount film, which opens April 26 and is directed by Michael Bay (Transformers, Armageddon), is adapted from a series of New Times articles about a group of bodybuilders in the 1990s who hatched a get-rich-quick kidnapping scheme that eventually escalated to murder. Walking the red carpet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday outside Regal South Beach Stadium 18 will be the stars of the flick: local hero Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Ed Harris, Rob Corddry, Hangover scene stealer Ken Jeong; former Monk star Tony Shalhoub; as well as Bay. Start camping out early because this is bound to be quite a scene.
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika