'Lamb Down Under' event showcases Australian lamb at Edge Steak & Bar in Miami
Five Miami chefs present lamb dishes along with beer made by FIU students.
Open up and say, "Baaaaah."
Five Miami chefs will create dishes showcasing Australian lamb on Saturday, May 31, outside Edge Steak & Bar in the Brickell Four Seasons.
Leading the pack is Australian-born chef Aaron Brooks of Edge, who has been named the official "lambassador" for the event. He'll be joined by Bradley Kilgore of J&G Grill, Danny Grant of 1826 Restaurant & Lounge, Jacob Anaya of OTC and Michael Reidt of the yet-to-open Pilgrim.
The chefs' lamb dishes will be paired with wines from Australia's Yalumba and Jansz Tasmania wineries, as well as craft beer made by Florida International University students in their new on-campus brew lab. Edge pastry chef Keith Wallace will prepare sweets to end the evening.
The "Lamb Down Under" event is from 7 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $55 a person, which includes tax and tip, and are good for unlimited lamb, wine and beer. Reserve at eventbrite.com.
- Dale Talde's top 10 things to eat in Miami
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Is it worth it? Quality Meats Miami Beach debuts $64 Chicken Parm Pizza
- The List: 10 best South Florida restaurants according to Rick Mijares