'Garden to Glass' at The Kampong
A boozy version of 'Farm to Table'
4013 Douglas Road, Coconut Grove
Although we prefer the term 'garden to liver,' the folks at Grey Goose Vodka and Slow Food Miami have chosen Garden to Glass as the name of their event at the resplendent Kampong National Tropical Botanical Gardens from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, May 6. There, you will imbibe in "seasonal mixology" or, rather, drinks made with ingredients picked right from the garden. Creative Tastes will pair small bites of food with each cocktail and Mother Nature will provide the full moon rising so you can tour the garden without breaking your neck. Tickets are $65 dollars and available at http://ntbg.org/gardens/kampong-twilight.php.
- Tap 79 Bar & Grill opens in Miami's Shorecrest
- Riviera Focacceria Italiana opens in midtown Miami
- Sriracha House slings heat in South Beach
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1