'Garden to Glass' at The Kampong
A boozy version of 'Farm to Table'
4013 Douglas Road, Coconut Grove
Although we prefer the term 'garden to liver,' the folks at Grey Goose Vodka and Slow Food Miami have chosen Garden to Glass as the name of their event at the resplendent Kampong National Tropical Botanical Gardens from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, May 6. There, you will imbibe in "seasonal mixology" or, rather, drinks made with ingredients picked right from the garden. Creative Tastes will pair small bites of food with each cocktail and Mother Nature will provide the full moon rising so you can tour the garden without breaking your neck. Tickets are $65 dollars and available at http://ntbg.org/gardens/kampong-twilight.php.
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef
- Newly crowned Prince of Porc, Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, giving away free food Feb 20