'Fried & True' cookbook launches May 27 in Miami with fried chicken party
The ode to fried chicken is the latest from Lee Brian Schrager.
South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder and director Lee Brian Schrager is gearing up for Tuesday's release of his second cookbook, Fried & True: More Than 50 Recipes for America’s Best Fried Chicken and Sides (Clarkson Potter, $22.50).
To celebrate, the foodie's foodie is hosting a launch party from 6 to 9 p.m. on May 27 at the new Pérez Art Museum Miami. Museum caterer Stephen Starr Events will replicate five recipes from the book:
Michelle Bernstein's Michy’s Fried Chicken with watermelon Greek salad, Paula Deen's Southern Fried Chicken, Michael Solomonov's Federal Donuts Fried Chicken, Yotam Ottolenghi's Seeded Chicken Schnitzel with caper mayonnaise and Asha Gomez's Kerala Fried Chicken with low-country cardamom waffles and spicy maple syrup*.
The family-style meal will includes sides like braised turnip and collard greens, old-fashioned coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, buttermilk biscuits, corn elote, and sesame-roasted carrots with goat-milk yogurt.
Guitarist Martin Hand will pluck Southern-style favorites throughout the night. Tickets are $175 for museum members, $200 for non-members, and the price includes tax and tip as well as a signed copy of Fried & True, which Schrager co-wrote with Adeena Sussman. Call 305-375-1704 for tickets or more information.
* That Kerala Fried Chicken (that's it in the pic above) made by Gomez, who runs the Atlanta restaurant Cardamom Hill, was one of the 10 best things I tasted at this year's Wine and Food Festival. It. Is. Terrific.
Fried & True cookbook release
When: 6-9 p.m. May 27
Where: Pérez Art Museum Miami, 1103 Biscayne Blvd.
How much: $175-$200
Tickets: pamm.org/friedandtrue or 305-375-1704
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday
- Miami Chefs Taking Their Talents to Casa de Campo For a Weekend
- How this Indian restaurant is raising the foodie game in Kendall
- How you can get your gourmet doughnut fix in Miami Beach