'Fried & True' cookbook launches May 27 in Miami with fried chicken party
The ode to fried chicken is the latest from Lee Brian Schrager.
Fried & True cookbook release
When: 6-9 p.m. May 27
Where: Pérez Art Museum Miami, 1103 Biscayne Blvd.
How much: $175-$200
Tickets: pamm.org/friedandtrue or 305-375-1704
South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder and director Lee Brian Schrager is gearing up for Tuesday's release of his second cookbook, Fried & True: More Than 50 Recipes for America’s Best Fried Chicken and Sides (Clarkson Potter, $22.50).
To celebrate, the foodie's foodie is hosting a launch party from 6 to 9 p.m. on May 27 at the new Pérez Art Museum Miami. Museum caterer Stephen Starr Events will replicate five recipes from the book:
Michelle Bernstein's Michy’s Fried Chicken with watermelon Greek salad, Paula Deen's Southern Fried Chicken, Michael Solomonov's Federal Donuts Fried Chicken, Yotam Ottolenghi's Seeded Chicken Schnitzel with caper mayonnaise and Asha Gomez's Kerala Fried Chicken with low-country cardamom waffles and spicy maple syrup*.
The family-style meal will includes sides like braised turnip and collard greens, old-fashioned coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, buttermilk biscuits, corn elote, and sesame-roasted carrots with goat-milk yogurt.
Guitarist Martin Hand will pluck Southern-style favorites throughout the night. Tickets are $175 for museum members, $200 for non-members, and the price includes tax and tip as well as a signed copy of Fried & True, which Schrager co-wrote with Adeena Sussman. Call 305-375-1704 for tickets or more information.
* That Kerala Fried Chicken (that's it in the pic above) made by Gomez, who runs the Atlanta restaurant Cardamom Hill, was one of the 10 best things I tasted at this year's Wine and Food Festival. It. Is. Terrific.
- Pubbelly's L'echon Brasserie closes in Miami Beach
- Five restaurants put Miami's fried chicken on the map
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour
- Kids Eat Free July 1-31: Feast on Munchkin Eats
- Michael Schwartz to close Cayman Islands outpost of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- The Dutch's BBQ series returns July 1
- The List: 10 best bets for Father's Day dining in South Florida