'Fried & True' cookbook launches May 27 in Miami with fried chicken party
The ode to fried chicken is the latest from Lee Brian Schrager.
Fried & True cookbook release
When: 6-9 p.m. May 27
Where: Pérez Art Museum Miami, 1103 Biscayne Blvd.
How much: $175-$200
Tickets: pamm.org/friedandtrue or 305-375-1704
South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder and director Lee Brian Schrager is gearing up for Tuesday's release of his second cookbook, Fried & True: More Than 50 Recipes for America’s Best Fried Chicken and Sides (Clarkson Potter, $22.50).
To celebrate, the foodie's foodie is hosting a launch party from 6 to 9 p.m. on May 27 at the new Pérez Art Museum Miami. Museum caterer Stephen Starr Events will replicate five recipes from the book:
Michelle Bernstein's Michy’s Fried Chicken with watermelon Greek salad, Paula Deen's Southern Fried Chicken, Michael Solomonov's Federal Donuts Fried Chicken, Yotam Ottolenghi's Seeded Chicken Schnitzel with caper mayonnaise and Asha Gomez's Kerala Fried Chicken with low-country cardamom waffles and spicy maple syrup*.
The family-style meal will includes sides like braised turnip and collard greens, old-fashioned coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, buttermilk biscuits, corn elote, and sesame-roasted carrots with goat-milk yogurt.
Guitarist Martin Hand will pluck Southern-style favorites throughout the night. Tickets are $175 for museum members, $200 for non-members, and the price includes tax and tip as well as a signed copy of Fried & True, which Schrager co-wrote with Adeena Sussman. Call 305-375-1704 for tickets or more information.
* That Kerala Fried Chicken (that's it in the pic above) made by Gomez, who runs the Atlanta restaurant Cardamom Hill, was one of the 10 best things I tasted at this year's Wine and Food Festival. It. Is. Terrific.
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Taste Paradise: Key Biscayne dining promotion runs Oct. 9-25
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation
- Restaurant closures: 1826 in Miami Beach, Southern Swank Kitchen in Davie