'Dos Visiones - Photographs of Havana'
Havana, Cuba seen through the eyes of two photographers with very different insights at this unique photo exhibit in Miami.
What happens when two photographers with strikingly different perspectives — one is a veteran photojournalist, the other a NEA and Fulbright Foundation grant recipient — set out together on an adventure to photograph the same place? That is what happened when long time friends Marice Cohn Band, a Miami Herald photographer, and Gary Monroe teamed up to capture their own visions of Havana, Cuba, a place both have visited repeatedly, documenting the city with unique and diverging insights. Their works are on display at Borders Gallery (1601 SW First St., Miami), opening with a reception from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. The exhibition runs through Jan. 10.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30
- 13 hot events in Miami in July 2016
- Fourth of July Guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Five reasons you should dress like an early 20th century Irishman on Bloomsday
- Top 4 events during Irie Weekend