'Dos Visiones - Photographs of Havana'
Havana, Cuba seen through the eyes of two photographers with very different insights at this unique photo exhibit in Miami.
What happens when two photographers with strikingly different perspectives — one is a veteran photojournalist, the other a NEA and Fulbright Foundation grant recipient — set out together on an adventure to photograph the same place? That is what happened when long time friends Marice Cohn Band, a Miami Herald photographer, and Gary Monroe teamed up to capture their own visions of Havana, Cuba, a place both have visited repeatedly, documenting the city with unique and diverging insights. Their works are on display at Borders Gallery (1601 SW First St., Miami), opening with a reception from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. The exhibition runs through Jan. 10.
See and Do
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 17-19
- Miami Science Museum hosts annual Galaxy Gala and Big Bang fundraiser
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates a decade of jokes
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 10-12
- Tortuga Festival returns to Fort Lauderdale with Kenny Chesney and more
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates one decade of jokes
- Top 5 things to do at Miami Beach Gay Pride
- Miami Riverday Festival celebrates the Miami River's storied past
- Miami’s Mad Cat causes ‘Earthquake’ at Comedy Fest