'Dos Visiones - Photographs of Havana'
Havana, Cuba seen through the eyes of two photographers with very different insights at this unique photo exhibit in Miami.
What happens when two photographers with strikingly different perspectives — one is a veteran photojournalist, the other a NEA and Fulbright Foundation grant recipient — set out together on an adventure to photograph the same place? That is what happened when long time friends Marice Cohn Band, a Miami Herald photographer, and Gary Monroe teamed up to capture their own visions of Havana, Cuba, a place both have visited repeatedly, documenting the city with unique and diverging insights. Their works are on display at Borders Gallery (1601 SW First St., Miami), opening with a reception from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. The exhibition runs through Jan. 10.
See and Do
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- S'mores, the Hunger Games & Annie: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 11-17