'Dos Visiones - Photographs of Havana'
Havana, Cuba seen through the eyes of two photographers with very different insights at this unique photo exhibit in Miami.
What happens when two photographers with strikingly different perspectives — one is a veteran photojournalist, the other a NEA and Fulbright Foundation grant recipient — set out together on an adventure to photograph the same place? That is what happened when long time friends Marice Cohn Band, a Miami Herald photographer, and Gary Monroe teamed up to capture their own visions of Havana, Cuba, a place both have visited repeatedly, documenting the city with unique and diverging insights. Their works are on display at Borders Gallery (1601 SW First St., Miami), opening with a reception from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. The exhibition runs through Jan. 10.
See and Do
- Yoga del Barrio comes to jugofresh
- Earth Day, spring parties, egg hunts and Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 11-13
- Egg hunts, photo ops & Munchkin Fun's top picks for Easter 2014
- Miami Beach Gay Pride takes over South Beach this weekend
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Deering Estate Festival of the Arts offers three days of events
- Heineken TransAtlantic Festival trae excelencia rockera a Miami Beach
- Heineken Transatlantic Festival brings global sounds to Miami
- PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus