'Dos Visiones - Photographs of Havana'
Havana, Cuba seen through the eyes of two photographers with very different insights at this unique photo exhibit in Miami.
What happens when two photographers with strikingly different perspectives — one is a veteran photojournalist, the other a NEA and Fulbright Foundation grant recipient — set out together on an adventure to photograph the same place? That is what happened when long time friends Marice Cohn Band, a Miami Herald photographer, and Gary Monroe teamed up to capture their own visions of Havana, Cuba, a place both have visited repeatedly, documenting the city with unique and diverging insights. Their works are on display at Borders Gallery (1601 SW First St., Miami), opening with a reception from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. The exhibition runs through Jan. 10.
See and Do
- 5 reasons why mango season is the best time to be in Miami
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- Friends of The Underline hosts #PokemonGoUnderline social media contest
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016