'Dos Visiones - Photographs of Havana'
Havana, Cuba seen through the eyes of two photographers with very different insights at this unique photo exhibit in Miami.
What happens when two photographers with strikingly different perspectives — one is a veteran photojournalist, the other a NEA and Fulbright Foundation grant recipient — set out together on an adventure to photograph the same place? That is what happened when long time friends Marice Cohn Band, a Miami Herald photographer, and Gary Monroe teamed up to capture their own visions of Havana, Cuba, a place both have visited repeatedly, documenting the city with unique and diverging insights. Their works are on display at Borders Gallery (1601 SW First St., Miami), opening with a reception from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. The exhibition runs through Jan. 10.
See and Do
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16
- "Weird Al" Yankovic brings his masterful musical parody to South Florida
- 'Cirque du soleil: Varekai' heads to South Florida to weave a personal story with classic myth