'Dos Visiones - Photographs of Havana'
Havana, Cuba seen through the eyes of two photographers with very different insights at this unique photo exhibit in Miami.
What happens when two photographers with strikingly different perspectives — one is a veteran photojournalist, the other a NEA and Fulbright Foundation grant recipient — set out together on an adventure to photograph the same place? That is what happened when long time friends Marice Cohn Band, a Miami Herald photographer, and Gary Monroe teamed up to capture their own visions of Havana, Cuba, a place both have visited repeatedly, documenting the city with unique and diverging insights. Their works are on display at Borders Gallery (1601 SW First St., Miami), opening with a reception from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. The exhibition runs through Jan. 10.
See and Do
- Debate watching parties in Miami
- 7 Places You Must Visit in Key Biscayne
- Louis C.K. announces four show run at Arsht Center in November
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit
- Wade, Mourning and other celebs attend opening of Haitian photography exhibit in Wynwood