'Dos Visiones - Photographs of Havana'
Havana, Cuba seen through the eyes of two photographers with very different insights at this unique photo exhibit in Miami.
What happens when two photographers with strikingly different perspectives — one is a veteran photojournalist, the other a NEA and Fulbright Foundation grant recipient — set out together on an adventure to photograph the same place? That is what happened when long time friends Marice Cohn Band, a Miami Herald photographer, and Gary Monroe teamed up to capture their own visions of Havana, Cuba, a place both have visited repeatedly, documenting the city with unique and diverging insights. Their works are on display at Borders Gallery (1601 SW First St., Miami), opening with a reception from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. The exhibition runs through Jan. 10.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Borscht Film Festival spurs a Miami filmmaking boom
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12