'Dos Visiones - Photographs of Havana'
Havana, Cuba seen through the eyes of two photographers with very different insights at this unique photo exhibit in Miami.
What happens when two photographers with strikingly different perspectives — one is a veteran photojournalist, the other a NEA and Fulbright Foundation grant recipient — set out together on an adventure to photograph the same place? That is what happened when long time friends Marice Cohn Band, a Miami Herald photographer, and Gary Monroe teamed up to capture their own visions of Havana, Cuba, a place both have visited repeatedly, documenting the city with unique and diverging insights. Their works are on display at Borders Gallery (1601 SW First St., Miami), opening with a reception from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. The exhibition runs through Jan. 10.
See and Do
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs