'Dos Visiones - Photographs of Havana'
Havana, Cuba seen through the eyes of two photographers with very different insights at this unique photo exhibit in Miami.
What happens when two photographers with strikingly different perspectives — one is a veteran photojournalist, the other a NEA and Fulbright Foundation grant recipient — set out together on an adventure to photograph the same place? That is what happened when long time friends Marice Cohn Band, a Miami Herald photographer, and Gary Monroe teamed up to capture their own visions of Havana, Cuba, a place both have visited repeatedly, documenting the city with unique and diverging insights. Their works are on display at Borders Gallery (1601 SW First St., Miami), opening with a reception from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. The exhibition runs through Jan. 10.
See and Do
- 16 Culture Events in Miami to Keep You Socially Fit May 1 - 15
- 7 events in Miami for the budget-conscious - April 29-May 1
- 11 events not to miss in Miami in May 2016
- 11 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 22-24
- What if 'Game of Thrones' were recast with famous Floridians?
- 7 things to do with your kids in the Florida Keys
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- Brickell City Centre Brings Farmers Market to Brickell
- 6 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 15-17
- Country music and ocean conservation converge at Tortuga Music Festival