'Daredevil' series sends hero to South Florida
Miami Beach has its fair share of colorful characters, but none as colorful as Marvel Comics’ Matt Murdock, the protagonist in the Daredevil: Dark Knights series, whose sixth installment sends the illustrated hero to South Florida "in pursuit of a client fleeing prosecution," according to Newsarama.com, which asked the Marvel Knights co-founder Jimmy Palmiotti why Miami. "I wanted a less intense Matt to have some fun for a change…but even that doesn’t last very long because of what happens while there . . . Ever notice when people are away from home they act a bit different? Well, in this series we made sure to give Matt a red bathing suit and sunglasses to go with the summer weather and attitude."
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails