'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
The Arsht Center announces its 2014-2015 season's musicals and they are big.
The Tony Award-winning blockbuster The Book of Mormon and the South Florida premiere of Disney’s Newsies will anchor the 2014-2015 Broadway in Miami season at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts.
The five-show season begins Sept. 30-Oct. 5 with I Love Lucy Live On Stage, a show-with-music about the filming of two I Love Lucy episodes in 1952. Next is Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella, the 2013 Broadway version of the 1957 made-for-TV musical (Oct. 28-Nov. 2), followed by the smash The Book of Mormon by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and Robert Lopez, co-writer of the Oscar-winning song Let It Go from Frozen (Dec. 2-14).
Newsies, the movie-inspired musical about a newsboys’ strike, runs Feb. 3-8. Another stage version of a movie, Sister Act, closes out the season April 14-19, 2015. Tickets to two nonsubscription shows, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast (Dec. 30-Jan. 4) and the wildly popular Wicked (March 11-29, 2015), will be offered first to Broadway in Miami subscribers.
Subscription prices range from $150 to $564. Broadway productions are presented in the Arsht’s Ziff Ballet Opera House, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. For information, call the Arsht at 305-949-6722, the season ticket holder hotline at 800-939-8587 or visit www.arshtcenter.org.
See and Do
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Hard times hit the American Dream in Zoetic Stage’s ‘Detroit’
- Chile’s Teatro en el Blanco comes to the OnStage Black Box
- ‘Cinderella’ at the Arsht Center: a delightful makeover
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15