¡Mira Que Lindas!
Your abuela's old vinyl album covers get their due at this show that celebrates design and music.
¡Mira Que Lindas! on display May 29-June 19
Awarehouse, 550 NW 29th St., Miami
305-448-9677 or 305-576-4004
Those old albums abuela has collecting dust in the attic are now the subject of a show at the Awarehouse. They have amassed a collection of more than 500 historic and contemporary Latin album covers showing the powerful relationship between graphic design and music. On display are classic album covers by artists like Fito Paez, Caetano Veloso, Los Amigos Invisibles and Charly Garcia.
The exhibition, called ¡Mira Que Lindas!, kicks off this May 29th with a live performance by Pacha Massive and Elastic Bond and continues throughout June with concerts each Saturday. They will also host music and design workshops by artists like Mexican rock sensation Aleks Syntec. For a complete schedule of workshops visit ccemiami.org. The exhibition is free and will be on display until June 19th.
The schedule for the live shows is the following:
Saturday, June 5, 9 p.m. Perrozompop (Nicaragua) and DJ Le Spam
Saturday, June 12 , 9 p.m. Fangoria (Spain), Las Nancys Rubias (Spain) and Mr. Pauer
Saturday, June 19, 9 p.m. Clorofila/Nortec Collective (Mexico) and Xperimento
Awarehouse, 550 NW 29th St. , Miami; 305-448-9677 or 305-576-4004. Free / Suggested $10 donation for concerts.
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Miami Events - October 2015
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'