¡Mira Que Lindas!
Your abuela's old vinyl album covers get their due at this show that celebrates design and music.
Those old albums abuela has collecting dust in the attic are now the subject of a show at the Awarehouse. They have amassed a collection of more than 500 historic and contemporary Latin album covers showing the powerful relationship between graphic design and music. On display are classic album covers by artists like Fito Paez, Caetano Veloso, Los Amigos Invisibles and Charly Garcia.
The exhibition, called ¡Mira Que Lindas!, kicks off this May 29th with a live performance by Pacha Massive and Elastic Bond and continues throughout June with concerts each Saturday. They will also host music and design workshops by artists like Mexican rock sensation Aleks Syntec. For a complete schedule of workshops visit ccemiami.org. The exhibition is free and will be on display until June 19th.
The schedule for the live shows is the following:
Saturday, June 5, 9 p.m. Perrozompop (Nicaragua) and DJ Le Spam
Saturday, June 12 , 9 p.m. Fangoria (Spain), Las Nancys Rubias (Spain) and Mr. Pauer
Saturday, June 19, 9 p.m. Clorofila/Nortec Collective (Mexico) and Xperimento
Awarehouse, 550 NW 29th St. , Miami; 305-448-9677 or 305-576-4004. Free / Suggested $10 donation for concerts.
¡Mira Que Lindas! on display May 29-June 19
Awarehouse, 550 NW 29th St., Miami
305-448-9677 or 305-576-4004
See and Do
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami
- Are these are the best places in Miami to propose to your loved one?
- 13 “Only in Miami” Men You Find on Tinder